The MaltaWildPlants.com Bulletins !!

Online publications of important updates in the flora of Malta during the field research of MaltaWildPlants.com (by Stephen Mifsud)

Moderator: MWP admin

MWP admin
Site Admin

The MaltaWildPlants.com Bulletins !!

Post by MWP admin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:14 am

Welcome to a new section on the forum dedicated to online publications very rare species found during the research and fieldwork for developing MaltaWildPlants.com. In few cases such species are believed to have been extinct.

Aim:
I try to do my best to report and publish first-time populations not previously seen or reported by others before, although it is difficult to access this. This will both help authorities in their research and mapping functions, and the public to read interesting discoveries here at maltawildplants.com.

Intelectual property:
These onine publications are legitimate publications (covered by EU laws) and so one has to observe the intellectual property rights, that is, one has to cite the document from which the information is taken. The citation is given for each report as in any other hard-copy publication. The publishing date is officially the date when it is posted and made available to the public.

Software Bug
I am aware that there is some software bug that for some users who have secured PCs, the pdf file will not open upon clicking. You can can go around this by right-click the mouse over the link (indicated by a paperclip image and 'DOWNLOAD') and select save target as. Then open the saved pdf file from your PC.

Future
I am considering togive the possibility to the members of this forum to publish their own interesting discoveries so as:

1) their 'discoveries' is shared with the forum members (and internet public), not left unseen at their homes!
2) make other persons interested in the field of botany aware with new populations.

For the moment, these publications are free of charge, but if no financial support is found later on, there might be a small access fee for VIP membership to open these files, like as you buy any journal, book or software.

Be aware that these findings where not aided by central authorities (ie given maps or co-ordinates), but involved whole days of exploration of my own resources, like most of us in this forum.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

IL-PINE
Premium Member

Post by IL-PINE » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:23 pm

how can we contribute? we email you the information?
Thanks

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 pm

You can contribute by writing your article and post it in the section "Publish your articles" created last November !

http://maltawildplants.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}