"Para-Gliding" might help the birds

Write here your own ideas and practical suggestions of how to improve the Maltese Environment.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

MWP admin
Site Admin

"Para-Gliding" might help the birds

Post by MWP admin » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:40 am

I was walking along Dingli cliffs and noted some perons doing a nice sport that I dont know what it it proper name, probably para-gliding. {Well it is the sport that one fits inside a mechanisms with large wings and literally glides and flies over the area like a free bird.
}
Then an idea or observation came to my mind. What if instead of one there are 10, 20 or more. Would it make bird-trapping less effective?!

The Goverment and Environme Authorities concerned (is Mepa one of them?) should promote this type of sport as I think will inflict negative effects to bird trappers.

There should be courses and companies promoting this sport as a service.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

Sdravko
Veteran member

Post by Sdravko » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:35 am

i dont know if that is such a good idea. Paragliding definitely scarea a lot of animals away and migrating birds can not take too much additional stress.
And judging from my experience with maltese shooters/trappers a lot of them would try to add this giant birdlike things to their collections. :twisted:

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:41 am

Haha... would these Christians arrive to such cruelty - killing a human for few pounds worth of wild birds !!!

More seriously, I am no expert in birds and do not know the impact of para-gliding to wild birds. Maybe better scared than killed afterall?!?!

Someone from Birdlife might put light on this topic.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

IL-PINE
Premium Member

Post by IL-PINE » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:26 pm

Bum! Bum!

Look the Paraglider is coming down!

Welcome to Malta :shock: