Bird Trapping sites - too much

Write here your own ideas and practical suggestions of how to improve the Maltese Environment.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

greeny

Bird Trapping sites - too much

Post by greeny » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:06 pm

I hate bird trapping sites especialy when they are overcrowded and make an area practically impossible to pass through. These in the photo I attach, takes the whole cliff-top over Fawwara.

When the goverment is going to release a map of what is public and what is RTO ?

Where are the green wardens to check these sites?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by greeny on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWP admin
Site Admin

And another one at the left

Post by MWP admin » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:10 pm

And you forgot to mark another one or two at the very far left. Yes, the map is really needed - I wonder how many nice flora there is over this garigue, but I don't dare to explore for obvious reasons.
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

sandra

Post by sandra » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:44 pm

Same problem in the area betweeb Hagar Qim and Mnajdra. The area is packed with trapping sites. The garigue is quite rich there. We identified some 80 floral species in the area during biology fieldwork this year (April). The areas near the trapping sites are cleared of vegetation to the detriment of the poor species involved. Going there during the trapping season is next to dangerous. Hope they dont treat our tourists the same way they treat my students and colleagues!

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Post by jackpot » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:20 am

They do... :(

Sdravko
Veteran member

Post by Sdravko » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:20 am

agree with Jackpot 1000% if you would consider me a tourist. at least i look like one. :wink:

sandra

Post by sandra » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:24 pm

:roll: And MTA spends all that Lm to promote Malta.. Bah what a waste! Typical Maltese ignorance! And considering that most of these trapping sites are abusive. Well what can I say... good luck on your next visit to Malta