tiny flower, haven't the faintest

Requests about identification of wild plants in Malta and Gozo. (Please include precise details and pictures to help the experts in their ID process)

Moderators: AlanOuten, MWP admin, IL-PINE

garry

tiny flower, haven't the faintest

Post by garry » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi, firstly great site! Went out to Ghajn Tuffieha and took heaps of plant photos but not being either Maltesse or a botanist I haven't a clue what this little plant is. I have looked through Wild Plants of Malta and this site but have been unable to find it... any ideas? I hope you don't mind me asking loads of plant questions for the 3 months I am in Malta for. Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wolf
Veteran member

Post by wolf » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:14 pm

must be a euphorbia species but not easy for me to say which one

wolf

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Was it a shrub or a tiny plant as the post title suggests and when we say tiny how much tiny?

If its a shrub like plant could be Euphorbia dendroides or E. melitensis. In Malta there are over 15 species of Euphorbias

PS thanks for the compliments and welcome aboard. We will help you to identify yr plants, but post one by one ; that is not a lot of plants in one post - sort of rules of the forum and mainly to keep things tidy (but the rules are flexible!)

Thanks for joining
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Post by jackpot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi garry- wolf is so right! :lol:

jackpot
Botanical Expert

Post by jackpot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:31 pm

...and our Admini, too... :wink: