Edwin Lanfrance - a modest genius botanist,
Timothy Tabone (botanist),
Mark Causon (of Cretonia organisation),
David (the bird expert)
and our friend Wolf!
Enjoy the few of the several photos I took.
PS sorry the fotos came the wrong cronological order and cant change it (first=last)
- I and my wife with the brand new MaltaWildPlants.com T-Shirts at the Xaghra l-Hamra. Hope we would have this opportunity to visit this relaxing place for many years ahead!
- 04Dec-CretoniaWalk_MalinSteve3.jpg (205.48 KiB) Viewed 42524 times
- End of walk at this large red-soiled garigue during a wonderful sunny winter Sunday. Surely a pity if this area will become privatized for a golf course.
- 04Dec-CretoniaWalk_GroupGarigue.jpg (184.69 KiB) Viewed 42523 times
- Very old building of folklore value where the first farmers and inhabitants of Manikata used to live. Now the Manikata village consists of few hundreds of houses.
- 04Dec-CretoniaWalk_Manikata.jpg (254.55 KiB) Viewed 42523 times
- Acres of arable land planned to be converted to a golf course for the rich tourists.
- 04Dec-CretoniaWalk_ArableLand.jpg (268.28 KiB) Viewed 42523 times
- Starting Spot - a small speech by local farmers who will loose their large area of arable land if the golf course at ix-xaghra l-Hamra is officially approved. About 400 people came for this walk.
- 04Dec-CretoniaWalk_Group.jpg (113.4 KiB) Viewed 42523 times
Than comes this invetsor and says that on the garrigue grows nothing, the fields are no use for agriculture and destroys the lifestyle of these people whom their most enjoyable time in their life is the satisfaction of seeing the fruit of what they have grown and taken care of.