Sharing some common plants

Post anything you like about the flora of the Maltese islands.

Moderators: MWP admin, IL-PINE

D. Cilia

Sharing some common plants

Post by D. Cilia » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Just wanted to share some pictures I took... nothing rare or special, but then beauty does not have to be rare! These were all taken in Gozo last November if I remember well.

P.S. My photography is of course no match to that of Stephen or anyone else for that matter, but I still hope that you enjoy these :D
Attachments
Urginea pancration resized.JPG
Urginea pancration competing with Galactites tomentosa and being an obvious WINNAR :D
Urginea pancration resized.JPG (154.17 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
Thymbra capitata resized.JPG
This photo does not do the plant justice, which is of course lovely and sprawling with a delicious smell...
Thymbra capitata resized.JPG (150.64 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
Inula chrithmoides resized.JPG
Inula chrithmoides showing its halophyte adaptations... totally submerged in a rock pool of salt water!
Inula chrithmoides resized.JPG (97.52 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
Helichrysum melitense resized.JPG
Helichrysum... unfortunately I took these photographs just as the flowering season for this lovely plant had just passed. Arguably the only rare plant in this set I am posting!
Helichrysum melitense resized.JPG (159.92 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
Capparis orientalis & Crucianella rupestris RESIZED.JPG
Capparis orientalis and Crucianella rupestris some centimetres away from the edge of a dangerous type of cliff :)
Capparis orientalis & Crucianella rupestris RESIZED.JPG (143.43 KiB) Viewed 14577 times
Arisarum vulgare resized.JPG
Arisarum vulgare and Inula chrithmoides in a shaded area beneath some sort of a cliff
Arisarum vulgare resized.JPG (115.69 KiB) Viewed 14577 times

MWP admin
Site Admin

Post by MWP admin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Well done David!

Often nature is beautiful that you do not need to be a sick perfect-man like me !!! The inula underwater was surprising. Keep sharing under this topic (Open Discussion about Maltese flora) or just on the other topic (Open Discussion)

Thanks for sharing
Stephen Mifsud
Administrator

{Comments} {Donation} {Recommendations}